iCOMPEL P Series 2U Publisher
- An appliance-based solution that sets up fast with all software preinstalled.
- Free updates and no ongoing subscription or licensing fees for lower cost of ownership.
- Our highest-performing system for high-quality SMB signage.
- 2U, rackmountable.
- Controllable via a standard Web browser connection.
- Includes free professionally designed screen layouts.
- Easy to scale. Use standalone with one screen or across a network to show content on multiple screens.
- Screen content can be updated locally. Instantly add text messages or alerts for an audience.
- Supports 1080p video processing with DisplayPort, HDMI®, and DVI-I outputs.
- Plays up to four simultaneous videos—great for showing a mix of different video side by side.
- Also supports unlimited zones for text and images, and up to 15 zones for HTML.
- Easy to change and alter layouts and graphical effects with drag-and-drop tools.
- Set up multizone layouts with each zone playing different media from its own playlist.
- Simple to stream dynamic RSS feeds from the Internet. Supports XML.
- Rotate screen images for either portrait or landscape orientation.
- Highly secure Linux® based appliance with built-in firewall.
- GPIO external device input capabilities (for motion detectors, sensors, etc.).
- Wallmountable with the optionally available Wallmount Kit (ICOMP-WALL).
- Or mount it in a rack with the separately available Rackmount Ears (ICOMP-RACK).
Gather, distribute, and manage digital signage content easily with our iCOMPEL™ P Series 2U Publisher appliance.
Ideal for both small- and medium-size offices, the iCOMPEL appliance works right out of the box with all software preinstalled—and no recurring licensing fees to deal with later. Plus software updates are free for a lower cost of ownership.
It’s also easy to use, giving you the flexibility to create attention-getting digital signage without a lot of creative or technical know-how. Even better, iCOMPEL is easy to integrate; it won’t cause IT and security headaches when added to your network.
Because the iCOMPEL P Series 2U Publisher supports many media formats, you can combine video with scrolling text, photos, Flash, and Web content. In addition to HTML, XML, and RSS media, it handles MPEG, AVI, QuickTime®, and PowerPoint® media*; JPEG, GIF, and TIFF images; and WAV and MP3 audio.
Install iCOMPEL on your network and manage it via a Web browser. One iCOMPEL Publisher can send media over the network to an iCOMPEL Subscriber—even on the other side of the world.
Scaling from a standalone installation to a multichannel network with many screens is a matter of simply adding more iCOMPEL units to your IT network configuration.
Easy to set up and import media.
Setup is easy. To get started, you simply connect the iCOMPEL P Series 2U Publisher unit to your network and to a display. After booting up, the iCOMPEL unit automatically obtains an IP address from the network. Fixed IP addresses can also be set.
Now, it’s time to get creative! Begin by dragging and dropping media from your computer desktop or a folder to the iCOMPEL media folders on the appliance’s hard disk or use its intuitive interface to browse for files.
All iCOMPEL Publishers enable you to produce and control multiple content channels. Productivity tools enable you to deliver a high-impact display at the right time in the right place, whether it’s stored media, such as promotional ads, or Web media, including XML and RSS feeds.
A built-in firewall keeps access limited to authorized users only, and there’s no need to install any third-party software or virus protection. iCOMPEL uses HTTP and HTTPS security protocols, and supports the LDAP authentication protocol and VPN capabilities for secure remote access.
Includes sophisticated layout tools.
The included software comes with a number of free layouts, so you can be up and running, displaying your choice of content in a professionally designed format within minutes.
Or you can create your own. The user-friendly layout and design tool makes it easy to create and modify layouts. Adjust, resize, position, and layer zones with a simple click and drag. All zones can be displayed with transparency.
Also, you can manually set pixel or percentage measurements to achieve pixel-accurate alignment or lock a movie zone to a desired aspect ratio (16:9, 5:4, or 4:3).
Set up one or more screen layouts containing one or more zones for display. Every zone in the display layout has its own playlist, to which you can add multiple media files. Each playlist runs in a continuous loop per a preset schedule. Different layouts can be scheduled to play at different times of the day.
You can also add a video file stored on the internal disk, show text from an internal feed, and more. What’s more, RSS subscriber features enable you to automatically collect and display text crawl feeds from the Internet—which is great for streaming news or stock tickers.
Your iCOMPEL choices.
- The latest evolution of the iCOMPEL platform includes models spanning four series, with the series differing mainly in their processing speeds, storage capabilities, video zones supported, and their role in a signage application:
- The P Series, our highest-performing version for video-intensive signage and showing professional Flash (publisher and subscriber versions).
- The S Series, our standard iCOMPEL appliances for applications not requiring advanced HD video and Flash rendering (publisher and subscriber versions).
- The K Series, our kiosk and interactive touchscreen kiosk players (standalone only).
- The O Series, pluggable versions for installing in a screen’s Intel® OPS slot (publisher and subscriber versions).
iCOMPEL units can be ordered with an HDMI® video capture card for pure digital HD video input (P Series and S Series); a TV card with analog RF, digital RF, S-Video, and Composite ports for connecting to CATV or a DTV antenna (S Series only); and/or built-in Wi-Fi capabilities (all series except for O Series).
The version featured here, our the iCOMPEL P Series 2U Publisher, offers:
- The fastest processor of all series for intense content (Flash at >20 fps and video at >30 fps).
- The ability to show video in up to four zones simultaneously.
- Support for displaying professional-quality Flash alongside of video, static images, HTML, XML, RSS Web content.
- Robust 500 GB HDD onboard storage; use it to store your digital signage content library.
- A 2U chassis for use on a desk or shelf or (with optional hardware) in a rack or on a wall.
- Not sure if this publisher unit is right for your business or organization? Please call us. We’ll discuss your current and anticipated future signage needs, and recommend an iCOMPEL solution for you.
* PowerPoint media is a slideshow saved as a .wmv file.
Links below will take you to Black Box Networks